Heart-J Experience ~ 2021 Program Series
It's time to get outside!
Join us to explore the wonders
of Sylvan Dale Ranch ...
where learning comes naturally.
Heart-J Center is ready to make 2021 a great year! We've designed a series of 2-hour outdoor programs that will open your eyes to the amazing history, geology, wildlife, ranching life, wellness, and creative opportunities here on our 3,000 acre outdoor classroom and living laboratory. Give archery a try, or rock climbing. Meet some cows and calves. Make art, watch hawks soar, and rejuvenate yourself in this serene, peaceful, and restorative place.
Get outside and get connected --
to nature and yourself!
With 3,000 acres of scenic foothills and pastureland we are committed to providing an experience that connects you with the land, with yourself, and with the Northern Colorado community.
$10 for Adults
A few of the art classes are $15 to cover instructor & material costs
Programs marked *KIDS/FAMILIES* mean that all ages are welcome. Kids and teens 17 and younger are welcome at no charge. Children must be accompanied by parent, guardian, or caregiver.
Buy 6 programs, get one free! Get a package for yourself or give the gift of memorable experiences
(look for the gift box below)!
K-12 teachers: save 50% when you register by using the code TEACH.
HJC's No Worries Policy: We realize that the coming months are unpredictable. If your plans change and you are unable to attend the program you signed up for, let us know and we'll change your registration to an upcoming program or refund your payment in full and assign your spot to the next person on the waiting list.
With the wide open spaces of Sylvan Dale as our classroom, the Heart-J Center is uniquely situated to provide COVID SMART experiences for the whole family!
We're doing our best to keep our guests and staff safe, while also providing unforgettable Heart-J experiences!
The programs below are:
Limited registration numbers aligning with county guidelines.
- Fri, Jan 01Sylvan Dale Ranch/Heart-J Center
- Sat, May 22Sylvan Dale RanchMay 22, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USACome spend the morning getting a taste of ranch life in Sylvan Dale’s Big Valley! We’ll have family friendly games and activities, and everyone will have the chance to cook over the fire! You’ll make memories that are sure to have the whole family smiling!
- Sat, May 29Sylvan Dale RanchMay 29, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USASylvan Dale is a birder’s paradise year-round and especially active in May, when resident bird species are joined by migrating species, just passing through. Join local birding expert Scott Rashid to learn about Colorado birding and bird banding!
- Sat, May 29Sylvan Dale Ranch
- Sat, Jun 05Sylvan Dale RanchJun 05, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USAIs your family curious about camping? It's easy when you know what to do! Join 8 year old Cash, and his dad Silas, for a fun morning learning about campsite selection, camp setup, and ideas for exploring the natural world around your camp. This is the perfect primer for family camping adventures!
- Wed, Jun 09Sylvan Dale RanchJun 09, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USASylvan Dale’s resident naturalist, Dave Armstrong, and Heart-J Center’s Laura Armstrong will share entertaining and informative stories of Sylvan Dale -- from the human history to the natural history -- as we walk together along the beautiful Big Thompson River.
- Sat, Jun 12Sylvan Dale RanchJun 12, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USAIn this program we’ll look at the Ten Essential items needed for every backcountry adventure. In the first hour we'll look at examples of each item, discussing applications in field-based settings. The second hour will cover tarp shelters, where everyone will try setting up their own shelter!
- Sat, Jun 12Sylvan Dale RanchJun 12, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USAThe Alexander family homesteaded on what is now Sylvan Dale Ranch in the late 19th century. Logging was their business, and you can still see the hand-hewn stumps of trees cut down 150 years ago. Learn about the past and consider the future of sustainable resource use.
- Sat, Jun 19Sylvan Dale RanchJun 19, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USAThis basic yoga class will be done at a gentle pace, moving through some of the foundational poses of yoga. Participants will practice flowing through the poses using breathing techniques. Come enjoy complete relaxation and rejuvenation in a serene and non-judgmental setting.
- Sat, Jun 19Sylvan Dale Ranch
- Sat, Jun 26Sylvan Dale RanchJun 26, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USASylvan Dale Ranch is beautiful and abundant, so don’t be surprised to learn that people have lived here for over 10,000 years! Join educator Treloar Bower from the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to learn about the peoples who made this valley home.
- Sat, Jun 26Sylvan Dale RanchJun 26, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USAIn this class you'll create a ceramic birdhouse out of extruded clay. When you're done, we'll fire and glaze your creation which will be ready for you to pick up in two weeks. This class is intended for beginners and those with some experience. Supplies provided.
- Sat, Jul 10Sylvan Dale RanchJul 10, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USAThis program is designed to get you up and climbing right away! We will cover climbing safety, equipment, belay technique, and movement in a top rope setting. After covering the basics we’ll climb Sylvan Dale’s top rope routes overlooking the Big Thompson river!
- Sat, Jul 17Sylvan Dale RanchJul 17, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MDTSylvan Dale Ranch, 2939 N Co Rd 31D, Loveland, CO 80538, USAInterested in learning about developing your own small scale, resilient and sustainable farm or ranch? If so, join this program where you’ll spend the morning in Sylvan Dale’s Big Valley with Josh Ciardullo, owner of a local family owned ranch!